Thanks . . .
is a good thing, eh? On this occasion, in the midst of this post, I am thankful for the blogger – adventurer – Parisian – writer and creator of the April4June6.Wordpress.com blog, for nominating me – – – to receive the One Lovely Blog Award. You really need to visit April’s wonderful blog if you have not yet done so. (https://april4june6.wordpress.com/2015/01/19/january-19-one-lovely-blog-award/)
Okay: about the One Lovely Blog Award nominations. I am borrowing April’s description / explanation. No plagiarism intended. Fellow bloggers choose some of the newer, up-and-coming bloggers, to nominate them for the One Lovely Blog Award. The goal is to help give recognition and also to help the new blogger to reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs considered to be “lovely” by fellow bloggers who choose them. This award recognizes bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful way to connect with viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines:
– Thank the person who nominated you for the award. (Thanks again April)
– Add the One Lovely Blog logo to your post. (Ok)
– Share 7 facts or things about yourself
Here are 7 facts. Whether or not these facts are interesting or not, that is debatable.
1. I am a huge fan of fresh-baked, homemade, pecan pie.
2. I am so jazzed to read good blogs, and to receive wisdom/ encouragement from other bloggers.
3. I lived in Antarctica, to be a breakfast cook at a field camp known as “Willy’s Field”.
4. I have an amazing wife, an amazing son (17), an amazing daughter (14), and two amazing dogs.
5. I love black, black, coffee … with a healthy dose of cinnamon sprinkled on top.
6. I do not have a secret identity, because I have not been approved, yet.
7. I play a mean harmonica, some days; other days, it’s pretty sad.
The more challenging aspect of all this excitement is to nominate 15 bloggers you admire. Then, let them know, the nominees, by commenting on their blog. April used specific criteria, but I am not able to pull that off. I just don’t have the brainpower. I confess that some of these blogs are not “new” blogs, and some of them have a reasonably high number of followers. However, these blogs have inspired me, immensely, to keep writing well, and to not give up. Bottom line: I like these blogs, and I think you will like them, too.